You are here

Aldershot Masonic Centre

Aldershot Masonic Centre

The building was opened by the Provincial Grand Master in September 1902 at a special joint meeting of Panmure and Aldershot Camp Lodges.  The premises provided excellent Masonic accommodation, and in 1912 were the venue for a meeting of Provincial Grand Lodge.  Sadly, the financial burden of ever-increasing interest on borrowed capital was too much for the Company, and despite further appeals for share capital, and even letting the ground floor as a cinema in 1912, the Aldershot Masonic Hall Company Ltd. went into liquidation in June 1914. Meetings continued to be held for a short while as tenants of the liquidator.  The building was purchased by the Y.M.C.A. and used as a Soldiers’ Institute until 1955.  The red brick building exists to this day on the east side of Station Road, and now forms part of the Post Office Sorting Office.  At the end of 1914 the decision was taken to accept an offer from Aldershot Camp Lodge to start meeting at their meeting place, The Assembly Rooms in the High Street.

http://www.aldershotmasonry.org.uk
+44 01252 328183
Aldershot Masonic Properties
Edward Street
Aldershot, Hampshire UK
GU11 3DR

Send Message to listing owner

Aldershot Masonic Centre